Call for Abstracts
- Home /
- Call for Abstracts
AOFOG 2019 Call for Abstracts
Abstract submissions for oral and poster presentations are now being considered for the 2019 Annual Meeting. Abstracts are invited for presentations on the following topics. Oral, poster or video presentations will be selected among the submitted abstracts.
There will be Best Oral and Best Poster Presentation Awards in Obstetrics and another pair for Gynecology. An award will also be selected from each subspecialty category.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology Research (JOGR) - the official journal of the AOFOG and Japan Society of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Presenters will be notified about the Scientific Committee’s decision (acceptance or rejection) by email.
The Scientific Committee’s decision is final regarding:
- Whether an abstract has been accepted or rejected.
- The mode of presentation offered.
- The date and time of the presentation offered.
Registration for the conference is a requirement for ALL presenters and a pre-requisite to an abstract being reproduced within the conference programme.
Deadline for abstract submission: 31 August 2019
Notification of acceptance for presentation: 15 September 2019
Deadline for registration of abstract presenters: 30 September 2019
Registration of accepted abstract presenters will be through email correspondence with email@example.com and payment will be through international bank transfer/ bank remittance. Payment guidelines will be sent through a separate communication. We have arranged special registration rates for all abstract presenters and the following rates will apply:
|Trainee (Fellows & Residents)/Nurse/Medical Student/Allied Health Professionals*||USD 250|
|PRESENTERS FROM Members from FIGO, AOFOG Low Resource Countries|
|Trainee (Fellows & Residents)/Nurse/Medical Student/Allied Health Professionals*||USD 180|
(Junior Members, Diplomates and Associates included)
|Trainee (Fellows & Residents)/Nurse/Medical Student/Allied Health Professionals*||USD 200|
* Verification letter from your institution is required to qualify for the Trainee/Nurse/Medical Student/Allied Health Professional fee.
- Word limit: The abstract text must be limited to 300 words.
- Title: Abstract title must be in initial capital/ lower case, e.g. The online abstract submission. The title should be brief and descriptive.
- Author information. Author and co-author names, institutions, cities and countries are to be typed in appropriate boxes and NOT in the content of the abstract. Please include family / last name and initials of author(s) and do NOT include degrees or professional titles (Dr, PhD, Prof, MD, etc.).
- Content. Each abstract must contain sufficient details for evaluation. Make the abstract as informative as possible. Clearly indicate the aims and conclusions supported by data. Results stated in the abstracts must be complete (though concise) and final. Organize the body of the abstract as follows: (a) Introduction; (b) Objectives; (c) Methodology / process; (d) Results /outcomes and (e) Conclusion
- Use standard abbreviations and generic drug names. Place unusual abbreviations or acronyms in parentheses after first use. The use of tables mad images in the abstract is not allowed.
Online abstract format
- Concise statement on why the study was conducted.
- Location, number and type of human subjects, non-human species or material being studied.
- Design of the study and type of intervention.
- Principal assays or test(s) performed and the types of statistical analyses if appropriate.
- Main findings and results should be reported.
- Results should be supported by statistical analysis where appropriate
- Main conclusions of the study and significance of the results.
- How the results may affect patient management or understanding of the condition.
Criteria for abstract selection
- All abstracts must be submitted online.
- Authors can submit more than one paper.
- Papers must not have been published elsewhere.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Material presented in abstracts must be concise and coherent, with the focus of the abstract stated clearly.
- The authors must make explicit what they intend to present.
- Relevant contextual information must be given.
- Upon submission, authors will receive a confirmation by email. Please ensure that your email address is correct at the time of submission. It is therefore incumbent upon the author to ensure that the spelling, grammar, and syntax are of an academic publishing standard.
- Abstracts for posters and concurrent presentations up to three references may be cited and these must be provided using the Harvard referencing system.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to select and assign the abstracts relevant to the sessions for oral or poster presentation. All presenting authors of the abstracts (oral, poster or video) are required to register and pay for the registration fee by the deadline. Failure to do so will result in exclusion from the final programme.
- All accepted abstracts would be published in the final programme of the Congress only upon receipt of registration fees in full.
Maternal Fetal Health
Imaging in Obstetrics
High Risk Pregnancy
Antenatal and Postpartum Care
Labor and Delivery
Infections in Pregnancy
Midwifery and Nursing Care
Benign Conditions in Gynecology
Imaging in Gynecology
Contraception and Family Planning
Infections in Gynecology
Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
Gynecologic Care for the Older Woman
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Innovations in Gynecologic Surgery
Best practices in Gynecologic Surgery
Disorders of Sexual Development
Genital Trauma and Fistula
Addressing Maternal Mortality
Cultural Competence in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Medical Education and Training
Simulation-Based Medical Education
Information Technology and Women’s Health
Violence against women
Country Specific Research on Women’s Health